Qualifications for Membership
- Applicants shall be at least twenty-one years of age, of good moral character, and employed in the hotel lobby-level for at least five years, three in the position of concierge and active within their local concierge community.
- The final year of these five years of employment must be worked continuously as a hotel lobby concierge.
- The membership of this Corporation shall be limited to concierges who are employed by hotels and resort hotels having a transient clientele and who work full time at a desk located in the main lobby of such hotels, from which they provide services to all the guests of the hotel.
- Concierges employed to provide services to certain guests on VIP floor or 'towers' or on any other floor other than the main lobby of the hotel shall not qualify for membership in this Corporation.
- Concierges employed in any other type of establishment other than a hotel, even if they house a transient clientele, shall not qualify for membership in this Corporation.
- Click here to proceed with the application process.
Categories of Membership
First-year members share in the full benefits of the association but are unable to cast votes, hold office, or write letters of sponsorship for other applicants.
After the provisional year, members are entitled to all benefits of the association, including voting privileges and the ability to write letters of sponsorship. Full members may also run for officer’s positions on the Board of Directors if they meet all the necessary qualifications:
The Board of Directors retains the right to invite full members to transfer their memberships into one of three affiliate categories:
- Professional affiliates are individuals who have been full members for a minimum of five years and who are leaving the concierge profession to pursue a related profession.
- Social affiliates are individuals who are fully retired from the workforce, who have been full members for a minimum of five years, and who wish to maintain their affiliations with Les Clefs d’Or for social purposes.
- International affiliates are individuals who have been full members for a minimum of five years and who are living abroad in a country without an established Les Clefs d'Or section.
The title of honorary member shall be given to each immediate Past President of the Corporation upon completion of his or her term(s) in office. From time to time, individuals who have shown great support for Les Clefs d’Or USA are nominated for honorary membership in the association.